In preparation for your appointment, please review the following important information:
- Please ensure that your insurance plan is accepted by the physician you wish to see. A list of accepted insurance plans can be found on your physician’s webpage, or by calling the Jill Roberts Center at (212) 746-5077. Be sure to bring your insurance identification card to your appointment.
- Make a list of all prescription and non-prescription medications you are taking, and share this list with your doctor during your appointment.
- Provide a copy of all of your medical records, including records of upper endoscopies, colonoscopies, laboratory test results, pathology reports and imaging studies (including color endoscopy images and radiology images contained on a CD, as well as the associated radiology reports). You may bring your records with you to your appointment, or send your records to JRC via fax: (212) 746-8144, or mail: (Jill Roberts Center for Inflammatory Bowel Disease, 1283 York Avenue, 9th Floor, New York NY 10065).
- Consider bringing a list of questions and concerns that you would like to cover during your visit.
- It is sometimes helpful (but not necessary) to bring a family member or friend with you to your appointment to help you keep track of important information your doctor shares with you during your visit.
- Think about what you want to accomplish during your appointment and communicate this to your physician. Remember that you are entering a partnership with your doctor, in which successful treatments are achieved through a collaborative effort.
- Many of the JRC appointments are now telemedicine visits. Please take a look at this article featuring JRC physician Dr. Robert Battat for helpful ways to prepare for your upcoming telemedicine visit.